Thursday, January 22, 2009
Inauguration
The inauguration is a very special time of year. Particularly this year because it is the first time that an African American has been inaugurated into the presidency of the United States of America. For this particular event I had class for most of the day so I was unable to watch all of the inauguration of President Barrack Obama. However, I did have an hour break in between two of my classes so I grabbed a bite to eat and sat down in the BK lounge and watch about thirty minutes of the lengthy process we call inauguration. Everyone around me was watching the forty two inch flat screen very attentively. Each and ever person was wide awake but speechless as the ABC news station filmed all the politicians and their wives entering into the vicinity of the Capital building, which we all know is located in Washington, D.C. Right about the time Barrack Obama was supposed to give his speech I realized that I had to be at class in less than ten minutes. The inauguration to me was very interesting and I was somewhat disappointed that I was unable to hear President Obama's inauguration speech.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment