Friday, February 6, 2009

Harry Potter

Throughout my teenage years there has been a specific set of novels that come out in a series. The mysteriousness, the action, and the adventure of the Harry Potter series is my favorite set of books by far. When you start reading the first book, the first character that you meet is a young boy named Harry Potter. He lives with his Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, and his cousin Dudley. He lives with these people because his parents were brutally murdered by the dark lord Voldemort. Harry’s life with the Dursleys’ is terrible; he lives underneath the stairs and has to do all the chores around the house without the help from anyone. Until one day thousands of letters begin flying through every opening in the entire house, saying that Harry had been invited to attend the wizardry school Hogwarts witchcraft and wizardry. His aunt and uncle said that he would not be allowed to attend. It was not until Hagrid, he was somewhat of a giant, came to the Dursleys’ house and rescued Harry and brought him to the special school. At school Harry met his best friends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Ron Weasley was not much taller than Harry but he had very distinctive red hair. Hermione Granger is what you could call a nerd but turns out to be actually decent looking. These three were always up to something. In the first book they must ward off Lord Voldemort because he is trying to steal the elixir of life, the sorcerers stone. This duo makes the books very interesting and I would definitely recommend reading them. For now, mischief managed.

4 comments:

  1. I personally like the Harry Potter movies. I tried to read the first book and lets just say I'm still trying. I have seen all the movies though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the harry potter series too! i cannot wait until the next movie comes out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the series first came out my Mom bought me the first book and I never read it, but now I actually like Harry Potter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Harry Potter movies and can't wait for the new movie! I need to read the books though...

    ReplyDelete