Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Weekend

This weekend I decided to head home because I missed my parents and needed to get away from school for a little bit. So, I was supposed to leave at about one o’clock Friday afternoon but the guy who I was going to get a ride from got into a car accident the night before. I decided to call my friend who I knew lived relatively close to me. Thankfully, I got a hold of him just thirty minutes before he was leaving! I got home around four thirty Friday afternoon and my parents were extremely excited to see me. I was also very glad to be home, I felt as if all the stress that I had had from the previous school week had blown away in the wind. I was extremely glad to see my parents, my sister, and my dog. Another thing that was pretty cool was three of my best friends had actually came home that weekend and I had found out after the fact that I decided to go home. Friday night I went over to my buddy Adam’s house and we all chilled and had a sleepover. Saturday I just hung out with my Mom and my sister during the day. We ran some errands and rented a couple of movies that we would later watch that night. My Mom and I played cards for about an hour while we watched one of the two movies that we rented earlier that day. After the movie was over we had our special Valentine’s Day dinner. Every year my Mom makes heart-shaped meat loaf and pink mashed potatoes. Meat loaf is my favorite so I was excited for that. After dinner my Mom, Dad, and I turned on the other movie that we had rented earlier. The movie was pretty good, I was just happy to be home and see my parents. I woke up the next day and packed up all of my stuff and left for school around four o’clock. I was sad to leave home and to leave my Dad; he gave me a ride back to school. Even though I realized that I would see them all in two and a half weeks so I was not too sad.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day with the Family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going home this weekend and cannot wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to go home one weekend to see my family becauase I was home sick. When I got there I was ready to come back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going home to see my family! it's good to get away sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only live forty minutes away, and I still look forward to going home every once in a while. Although, sometimes going home is bad because being so separate from school often means neglecting homework. :)

    ReplyDelete