Saturday, February 28, 2009

Surviving ISU

As a second semester freshmen here at Illinois State University I have found out pretty quickly that there are a few essential skills that you will need to learn in order to properly complete your college education. At the beginning of my first semester I did not think that it was any different than high school. However, this was before I realized I was low money and my grades were not up to par. So, the first skill that I would highly recommend you learn would be money management. As soon as you come to college you will learn that you must pay for more things then you have had to for in the past. Some of the major expenses may include food, textbooks, events, and whether or not anybody likes it but alcohol. If you successfully manage your money you will in turn be in a better mood and have that much better of a time at Illinois State University. The next skill that I would say would be a very high necessity in being successful at ISU would definitely be time management. The best way that I think would be to do this would be to devise a schedule for yourself including things such as your schedule of classes, eating times, exercising, as well as time to do your homework. The last skill that I would say would be to be outgoing. The reason that I say this is because if you do not make an attempt to meet anyone you will be miserable and not have any fun at Illinois State University. If you successfully master these three skills I can guarantee that your time at ISU will be the best four to five years of your life. Go Redbirds!!

5 comments:

  1. This is good advice because alot of incoming students can't handle managing their own money. ISU does a great job at offering lots of money management workshops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time management is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still have trouble with time management

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that money management is a huge thing college students need to learn! I'd say practice the summer before otherwise you might be in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All incoming freshmen should be taught these three things. Especially time management. I can't even count the number of times that I pulled an all-nighter because I hadn't worked on my paper for the past week.

    ReplyDelete