Monday, March 16, 2009
Spring Break
Well, we just got back from spring break and it surprisingly was actually pretty fun. I enjoyed getting to see my family and a couple of my friends even had the same spring break as me. The schools that they go to are Penn State and Bowling Green State University. It is ironic that these two guys both had the same spring break as us at Illinois State University because they are two of my best friends. Over the break my friends and I really did not do much, we kind of just hung out and went out to eat. One night we actually went to a pretty nice restaurant called Hugo’s Frog and Seafood Bar. I wanted to try something new at this dinner and I ended up trying three different kinds a food that I never thought in my life I would ever have. The first food that I tried was an oyster. The oyster was not that bad. The texture was a little gross and it tasted very salty however the overall taste was actually pretty good. The next extravagant food that I tried was frog legs. This made me laugh because my dad always jokes that we are having frog legs for dinner tonight. For once I actually did. You would be very surprised if you had frog legs, they are actually very tasty. The last thing that I tried that was different was what I ordered for my meal. I ordered swordfish, can you believe that. I would have never thought that I would ever have swordfish. It was actually extremely good sword and all, haha not really. Oh I forgot I had one bite of my buddy from Penn State’s mahi mahi. That was extremely tasty. This dinner was probably the highlight of my break. Can’t wait till summer though!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Interesting, I've never had frog.
ReplyDeletespring break went by too fast
ReplyDeleteoysters are pretty good despite their awkward texture.
ReplyDelete